Weekly Fun Facts: 5 Facts About the Great Tokyo
1. “Welcome to Japan. Please respect the rules.” This sign awaits when you reach Tokyo. There are signs everywhere about how to behave, eat and even greet.
2. Tokyo outdoor fashion walks are famous all over the world. The unique street fashion comes handy with teenagers, dressed as Gothics, Lolitas, Cosplayers, Punks and many other mixes!
3. Tokyo was awarded to host the Summer Olympic Games in 1940, but was later awarded to Helsinki due to World War II.
4. Tokyo Disneyland is Disney’s first themepark outside of the US and it employs more than 20,000 people.
5. Originally, Eiffel Tower was the inspiration for the Tokyo Tower. But now, it is a special icon by itself. The Tokyo Tower is repainted every five years, a process that takes 12 months each time.