Weekly Fun Facts: Crazy Facts About Japan
1. Until 2015, Late night dancing and clubbing was a crime in Japan.
2. For ease of stacking and storing, square watermelon is grown in Japan that is equally good as the round ones.
3. The demand for adults diaper is more than baby diapers, so low is the birth rate in Japan.
4. A Japanese Titanic Survivor was called a coward for not dying with the rest of the people on board and saving his life.
5. Sleeping on job is very acceptable in Japan as a way of venting out exhaustion after hard work.
6. Technically, WWII is not over because Russia and Japan never signed a peace treaty because of Kuril Island dispute.
7. Black Cats are a sign of good luck in Japan
8. In Japan, a disruption fee is charged to the family of the deceased, who commits suicide by jumping in front of a train.
9. Around 24 Billion pairs of Chopsticks are used in Japan each year.
10. 90% of Japanese mobile phones are waterproof because the youth uses them even during showers.